The Mindfulness Based Living Course (MBLC) is a weekly mindfulness course. It is an eight-week course consisting of eight classes, which are typically two hours long, preceded by an introductory class before the eight week course begins and concluded by follow up class after the eight week course ends.
A day of mindfulness practice is also typically included between weeks 6 and 7.
The weekly themes are:
- Introductory Session – What is Mindfulness and Why Practice It?
- Week 1 – Start Where We Are
- Week 2 – The Body as a Place to Stay Present
- Week 3 – Introducing Mindfulness Support
- Week 4 – Working with Distraction
- Week 5 – Exploring the Undercurrent
- Week 6 – Attitude of the Observer
- Day of Practice
- Week 7 – Self-acceptance
- Week 8 – A Mindfulness Based Life
- Follow Up – The Rest of Your Life
These meditations provide ways in which you can cultivate mindfulness and compassion. They are included as home practices in the Mindfulness Based Living Course.